GEMTEC Consulting Engineers and Scientists Ltd.
Consulting Management Consultants Inspection Services Technical Services Testing and Asset Management Wind Onshore Water Services Geological Seismic Environmental Civil Works; Buildings
GEMTEC Consulting Engineers and Scientist Limited (GEMTEC) is an Atlantic Canada-based, multidisciplinary company with offices across Atlantic Canada, and in Ontario and Quebec. With nearly 300 engineers, scientists, data management GIS professionals, and technical support staff, GEMTEC delivers a wide range of services to the renewable energy sector both here in Newfoundland and Labrador, in addition to the broader Eastern Canada region. Our services cover all stages of project development from initial permitting, and environmental and geotechnical characterization studies through to design and construction project management and supervision.
GEMTEC has established a solid reputation for providing responsive, innovative, cost-effective engineering and regulatory support solutions that meet our clients' needs. GEMTEC also follows structured safety and quality requirements to ensure that projects are completed safely, on time and on budget. Some of GEMTEC’s core energy-related services are highlighted below. In addition, we have established close associations with a network of well-established industry professionals, enabling us to fulfill requests for services outside of our core services and to provide comprehensive solutions to our clients.
Some of the services GEMTEC provides to the renewable energy sector:
- Regulatory roadmap, consultation and strategic project development planning
- Baseline biological studies (e.g., avian/bat, terrestrial wildlife, vegetation, wetlands, aquatics)
- Environmental and social impact assessments (provincial and federal)
- Visual impact assessments; viewshed analysis
- Hydrogeological and hydrological baseline studies
- Groundwater resource assessments
- Asset management and control
- Marine/coastal characterization, engineering and design
- GIS database development/management, multi-criteria constraint mapping, analysis/modelling.
- Geotechnical soil and rock mechanics engineering and hydrogeological investigations for site development, design, construction and closure
- Structural and civil engineering design, project management and construction supervision
- Stormwater management planning and design
- CCIL-certified laboratories and personnel supporting quality assurance materials testing and inspection
- Aggregate assessments including short- and long-term concrete alkali-silica reaction (ASR) testing
- Operations environmental permitting and compliance monitoring
- Emergency spill response
- Contaminated site assessment and remediation
Senior Environmental Geoscientist
Senior Geotechnical Engineer